If you’re heading to the Great Southern wine region over the long weekend, you’ll find a handful of producers have opened their doors under the new phase two restrictions. Here’s a list of what’s open, where you can buy some wine to take away, and where you can eat.
- Trevelen Farm is open for takeaway wine sales by appointment, just call the team to make sure they’re there to greet you on 0418 361 052.
- Rockcliffe Winery Cellar Door is open 7 days a week for tastings with a delicious cheese platter and home-made quince paste. They’re also doing takeaway wine sales, plus they’re still serving their delicious, on-site produced Gelato!
- The Lake House will be open from 28 May from 11am-4pm each day. They will have 2 lunch seatings, and bookings are essential. They are also offering takeaway picnic hampers, which you can order online and collect. You can also buy takeaway wine from the cellar door.
- The Denmark Heritage Cider Company is open for takeaway sales
- Gilberts Wines is open for takeaway wine sales by appointment, just call the team to make sure they’re there to greet you on +61 8 9851 4028
- Duke’s Vineyard is open for takeaway wine sales, with daily specials at 4pm!
- Ironwood Estate Wines is open for takeaway sales and their cafe is open for alfresco lunches, bookings are encouraged to avoid disappointment.
- Plantagenet Wines is open for takeaway wine sales and pizza.
- Great Southern Distilling Co is now open for dine-in meals, but bookings are essential. You can do so via their website.
- Alkoomi Wines have two cellar doors; one in Albany and one in Frankland River. Both are now open for take-away wine sales.
- The Frankland River cellar door will be open Monday to Friday 10am-4.30pm and on weekends and public holidays by appointment only. Just call the team on 0428 134 203 to organise a time! The Albany cellar door will be open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 11am – 5pm.
- West Cape Howe Wines will be open Monday to Friday (10am – 4pm) and weekends/public holidays (11am – 4pm). You can now visit the cellar door for retail sales or experience a seated wine tasting lunch. Bookings are preferred and can be made via phone, 08 9892 1444.
The beautiful restaurant at Zarephath Wines is open all weekend. Bookings are essential so call the team on 9953 1152 to book a table.